Ha-Mossad le-Modiin ule-Tafkidim Meyuhadim (Hebrew: Institute for Intelligence and Special Tasks , ×”×ž×•×¡×“ ×œ×ž×•×“×™×¢×™×Ÿ ×•×œ×ª×¤×§×™×“×™× ×ž×™×•×—×“×™×) is an Israeli intelligence agency, commonly referred to as Mossad. It is responsible for intelligence collection, covert action, and counter-terrorism. Its focus is on Arab nations and organizations throughout the world.
Mossad was formed in April 1951 from the Central Institute for Coordination and the Central Institute for Intelligence and Security. Mossad is a civilian service, and does not use military ranks, although all of the Mossad’s staff have served in the Israeli Defence Force (as a part of Israel’s compulsory draft system), and many of them are officers.
Mossad has long had a reputation for being an extremely effective agency. It is headquartered in Tel Aviv and has eight departments:
* Collections Department is the largest, with responsibility for espionage operations.
* Political Action and Liaison Department conducts political activities and liaison with friendly foreign intelligence services and with nations with which Israel does not have normal diplomatic relations.
* Special Operations Division (Metsada) conducts assassination, sabotage, and paramilitary projects.
* LAP (Lohamah Psichlogit) Department is responsible for psychological warfare, propaganda and deception operations.
* Research Department is responsible for intelligence synthesis.
* Technology Department is responsible for development of technologies to support of Mossad operations.
I could not find out more about the agency except that it created Hamas and its debacles but if I do find out about its organisation structure, i’ll spost it here